Monday, March 30, 2009

Thunder in the Desert 2009...

Hello from far far away... hope everyone's doing well!! So, I was supposed to post this piece a few days ago but I still had to upload some photos on Picasa before, but as always... I tend to procrastinate things!! (Hey no one is perfect... right?! :-p)
As you can see from the photo above, last weekend we went to see the airshow at Luke Air Force Base - 'Thunder in the Desert 2009'. No, those are not two aircraft stuck to each other in mid-air. They're a pair of F-16's from the US Air Force aerobatic display team, the 'Thunderbirds', performing breathtaking aerobatic precision formation flying. They really put up a great show despite the strong gusting winds! It was a great day and a great show. There were a lot of aircraft at the static display and the flying display was great as well... an airshow worth going to. It was very very windy and there was dust blowing all over all the time which was quite annoying unfortunately... but ye it was a good day. I've posted some photos I took; just click on the link below to have a look! Next time I will try to put up some photos from the Yuma Airshow, which I had been to the week before.

Thunder in the Desert 2009 - Luke Air Force Base Airshow

And what else was going around over here? Yesterday evening we had great night out with my VFR flight instructor and a couple of friends. We went to eat at Maggiano's in Scottsdale (great restaurant, delicious food!!) and then headed to a club in Scottsdale. I really enjoyed myself; I needed some good time out hehe! Thanks to all for a great night. And today, I spent a day at the Renessaince Festival. It's a festival held annually I think here in Arizona. The theme is, the Renessaince Period (duh!!). It was quite good; well good enough to spend a day out! :-)
And flying... oh yes the main reason I happen to be here is, to learn to fly, but guess what... I spent a whole week without any flying! Ye I'm quite pissed off about it at the moment. And it's all thanks to the whole disorganisation at the school. The last time I had flown was Friday 20th March. Then, I had a simulator session on Monday 23rd. Then, I flew again yesterday, and obviously, things didn't go as good as I was hoping for. It wasn't bad (especially considering the bumpy conditions we're now facing in flight because of the increased temperatures... yes it's becoming a hell) but I'm sure a week long break from flying is unhealthy during training. And... tomorrow I'm not flying AGAIN! It's going too slow and I can't wait for my training to be over. Ye I do need to get my life back hehe... and I do miss Malta as well. So, ye, I can't wait to be back!
Anyway, I'm really tired tonight so I think I'm going to call it a day early tonight! Big hello to all my family and friends back home!! See you soon hopefully!! Take care everyone... till next time...

0 Comments: